Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mama Tuesday - Happy Birthday Duke!

Today is Duke's 6th birthday and we are having a party!!!!  Duke is one of our dogs and yes, we are having a party.  It is a rainy, nasty day here in NoVa and for our Mama Tuesday activity, we are making cards, decorating wrapping paper and making him a snack.  This morning we went to IKEA for some other things and we lucked out in picking up a leather collar/leash combo in the clearance section for $4 - saving me a trip to PetSmart :-) 

I have laid out construction paper, glitter, glue, stickers, crayons, colored pencils, yarn bits, etc. and am going to let the kids just decorate away to make him some cards.  I also have a two foot length of butcher paper from Costco that I will have them decorate to make wrapping paper and then we will wrap his present.  We are going to "make" him a snack of dry food mixed with wet food but I'll let them measure and mix for as long as they want and maybe they can spice it up with some quinoa that I've got leftover in the fridge.  All this will be done on our dining room table which is covered with a vinyl tablecloth that I picked up for $1 at Target in clearance.  It only comes out for big, messy projects and really makes clean up soooo much easier (and keeps my anxiety level lower).

Hope you enjoy whatever you do on your "Mama Tuesday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment